The Recruitment Coordinator (“RC”) is responsible for ensuring that we maintain our target enrollment goals. The Recruitment Coordinator works with the Executive Director to refine and execute our student recruitment process. The RC works to engage families and potential staff in the mission and vision of Aurum Preparatory Academy.
Background of the Organization:
Aurum Preparatory Academy (“Aurum Prep”) is committed to educating all of its students, grades 6 – 8, to succeed in high school, college, and life and to serve as the next generation of moral leaders. Aurum Prep is a middle school that will serve its founding class of sixth graders in the fall of 2018 and continue to grow each year. Built in partnership with parents and families and also drawing from research based best practices from some of the highest performing schools in the nation, Aurum Prep will ensure that the children of deep East Oakland receive the highest quality education.
For students to determine their own life’s trajectory, they must have a foundation that prepares them to (a) excel in high school, college, and life and (b) become moral leaders in their communities and in our world. We must have high expectations and clear structures, all provided within a culture of joy for learning, working hard, and honoring our students’ fullest potential. For more information, please visit our website: www.aurumpreparatory.org
Recruitment Coordinator Qualifications:
Recruitment Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of the school.
- Experience in community outreach or human resources.
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance, willingness to take personal responsibility, open to and interested in feedback on performance, eagerness to continue to improve in effectiveness, and steady determination to pursue excellence regardless of the situation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Provide a timetable with detailed benchmarks, goals, and strategies for Aurum Prep’s student recruitment process.
- Lead the school's efforts to reach out to community partners.
- Work to align expectations with families and students during the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Facilitate and manage the onboarding process for students and families.